Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I must admit that it is rather unfortunate that this week's play is Titus Andronicus.

Guess what - today I'm just not going to post a quote from Titus Andronicus! I really cannot think of a single play in existence more inappropriate for Valentine's day.

Although, I suppose a person could have some affection for the play, hard though it might be to imagine. This question was raised last week at the library, as I was checking out armfuls of books and films of Titus. The boy behind the library desk looked at all of the materials - looked at me - looked at my stuff again, many of the covers of which feature pleasing pictures of bleeding severed heads and suchlike, and inquired politely, "so - do you love Titus Andronicus?"

Why, oh why couldn't I have scheduled Romeo and Juliet?

So, just to make everyone feel better and get our minds off of Titus Andronicus, here is a Shakespeare Valentine featuring a beautiful quote from Much Ado About Nothing:

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment